Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January Technique Challenge

Hello everyone. Our first new challenge for the year 2018 is going to be a Technique Challenge each month. For this challenge one of our Design Team Members will come up with a Technique and provide a tutorial for you. You will then have most of the month to use this technique in a project. You may combine the technique with any of the open challenges on our blog and link your card in both challenges. Also as part of this monthly challenge there will be a viewers choice given to the card with the most votes. So please check back often to vote for your favorite card that used the technique.



Step 1: Stamp down an image. I chose to heat emboss mine for a little something extra. 

Step 2: Add a mask over the stamped image to keep it clean. 

Step 3: Use a sponge/blending tool to add ink to the negative space around the image. 

Step 4: Add it to your card in the desired spot. 

Please also go check out this video by Jennifer McGuire. Where I originally got this idea. 




Kaylin



Inspiration from the Design Team

Donna 


Dawn


Vicki 



Sorry for the long post but I hope that you enjoy it. If you have any questions feel free to comment below. I hope that you enjoy this new type of challenge as much as the rest of us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this awesome article. I've been reading for a while but I've never posted a
comment. I've bookmarked your blog and shared this on my
Twitter. Thanks again for a quality post!

Anonymous said...

I love what you guys are usually up too. Such clever work and
exposure! Keep up the very good works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll.
fake gucci bags

Anonymous said...

Thanks for publishing this awesome article. I'm a long time reader however I've never been compelled to leave a comment.
I've bookmarked your site and shared this on Facebook.
Many thanks again for a great article!

Donna Scholz said...

Thanks for taking our first technique challenge, SwedeMom, Shawna and Heather! Each of you did a unique twist on the challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!!!! -Donna